It is important that every landlord maintain their houses well for their tenants as keeping them satisfied is one of the major concerns that they face. It is not common to see a lot of landlords helping out in case of emergency as it might not possible to keep in touch with clients always and attend to them as they have their own hectic schedules to attend to. To minimize these kinds of emergencies all a landlord could do is a liaison with a real estate development firm for maintenance so they will handle every problem including the drain unblocking for their tenant. Alternately what the landlords could do is always have the house maintained in perfect condition at all time.
A landlord could have a checklist and see if the property they are planning to rent outfits in all criteria –
- A well-managed house with plumbing intact. The landlord could get a team rented out to check if the drains and sewer are all in the best working condition.
- Have the house painted and serviced well
- Have the electrical components checked and services with electricians?
- Have the carpentry team to check if the wardrobe and cupboards are not cracking and are in their best working condition.
- Have the plumbers check the taps, faucets and flush tanks and also the drains
- Have the team check if the toilets and baths and tubs are all working
- If the carpets are well aligned and the furniture in the usable condition
- If the garden is in usable and clean condition with unwanted plant growth limited
- If the windows, doors and garage doors are all in perfect shape
- If the house is safe from termite and other bugs and is properly sanitized for their new inhabitants.